TT8251 Syllabus BASICS OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY Regulation 2017 Anna University
TT8251 Syllabus OBJECTIVES
To enable the students to learn about the basics of fibre forming, yarn production, fabric formation, coloration of fabrics and garment manufacturing
TT8251 Syllabus Unit I BASICS OF FIBRE SCIENCE AND SPINNING
Definition of fibre, classification of textile fibers; polymer and polymerization; fibre production principles – wet spinning, dry spinning, melt spinning, gel spinning, dope spinning; characteristics of cotton, viscose, wool, silk, polyester, nylon, polypropylene; sequence of machineries in short staple
yarn spinning from ginning to cone winding and their objectives.
TT8251 Syllabus Unit II BASICS OF FABRIC PRODUCTION
Woven fabric – warp, weft, weaving, path of warp; looms – classification, handloom and its parts, powerloom, automatic looms, shuttleless looms, special type of looms; preparatory machines for weaving process and their objectives; basic weaving mechanism – primary, secondary and auxiliary
mechanisms; knitting – classification, principle, types of fabrics; nonwoven process –classification, principle, types of fabrics.
TT8251 Syllabus Unit III BASICS OF CHEMICAL PROCESSING
Objectives of the processes – singeing, desizing, scouring, bleaching, mercerization; dyeingclassification of dyes, types of dyeing techniques; printing –types and styles of printing; finishing treatments – chemical and mechanical finishing.
TT8251 Syllabus Unit IV BASICS OF GARMENT MANUFACTURING
Anthropometry, basic principles of pattern making and grading, marker planning, spreading, cutting, sorting, sewing, finishing and packing.
TT8251 Syllabus Unit V BASIC FIBRE, YARN AND FABRIC PROPERTIES
Essential fibre properties- cotton and polyester; yarn numbering systems; essential yarn properties; fabric specifications and essential fabric properties
TOTAL – 45 PERIODS
TT8251 Syllabi OUTCOMES:
The students will have the knowledge on the basics of fibre forming polymers, weaving the yarns into fabric, coloration of the fabrics and manufacturing of garments.
TT8251 Syllabus TEXT BOOKS
1. Hornberer M., Eberle H., Kilgus R., Ring W. and Hermeling H., “Clothing Technology: From Fibre to Fabric”, Europa Lehrmittel Verlag, 2008.
2. Wynne A., “Motivate Series-Textiles”, Maxmillan Publications, London, 1997.
3. Carr H. and Latham B., “The Technology of Clothing Manufacture” Backwell Science, U.K., 1994.
TT8251 Syllabus REFERENCES
1. Banerjee N. N., “Weaving Mechanism”, Textile Book House, ISBN: B001A1S41A, 1986.
2. Booth J. E., “Textile Mathematics Volume 3”, The Textile Institute, Manchester, 1977.
3. Marks R. and Robinson T. C., “Principles of Weaving”, The Textile Institute, Manchester, 1989.
4. Mishra G. S., “Introductory Polymer Chemistry”, John Wiley & Sons, Dhanpat Rai & Co. Pvt. Ltd., 2003.
5. Oxtoby E., “Spun Yarn Technology “, Butterworth, London, 1987.
6. Trotman E. R., “Dyeing and Chemical Technology of Textile Fibres”, B.I Publishing Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1994.
|Subject Name||BASICS OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY|
|Download TT8251 Syllabus||Click Here|
Search In for TT8251 Syllabus:
Download TT8251 Syllabus BASICS OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY For free.
Anna University Regulation 2017 BASICS OF TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY Syllabus download pdf free.
Semester 2 Anna University Regulation 2017 Syllabus.
Syllabus for sem 2 Anna University Regulation 2017.