ME8391 Notes ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS
ME8391 Notes ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS Notes ME8391 pdf free download.
OBJECTIVE: ME8391 Notes ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS
To familiarize the students to understand the fundamentals of thermodynamics and to perform thermal analysis on their behavior and performance.
(Use of Standard and approved Steam Table, Mollier Chart, Compressibility Chart and Psychrometric Chart permitted)
OUTCOMES: ME8391 Notes ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS
Upon the completion of this course the students will be able to
CO1 – Apply the first law of thermodynamics for simple open and closed systems under steady and unsteady conditions.
CO2 – Apply second law of thermodynamics to open and closed systems and calculate entropy and availability.
CO3 – Apply Rankine cycle to steam power plant and compare few cycle improvement methods
CO4 – Derive simple thermodynamic relations of ideal and real gases
CO5 – Calculate the properties of gas mixtures and moist air and its use in psychometric processes
TEXT BOOKS : ME8391 Notes ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS
1. R.K.Rajput, “A Text Book Of Engineering Thermodynamics “,Fifth Edition,2017.
2. Yunus a. Cengel & michael a. Boles, “Thermodynamics”, 8th edition 2015.
REFERENCES: ME8391 Notes ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS
1. Arora C.P, “Thermodynamics”, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2003.
2. Borgnakke & Sonnatag, “Fundamental of Thermodynamics”, 8th Edition , 2016.
3. Chattopadhyay, P, “Engineering Thermodynamics”, Oxford University Press, 2016.
4. Michael J. Moran, Howard N. Shapiro, “Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics”, 8th Edition.
5. Nag.P.K., “Engineering Thermodynamics”, 5th Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 2013.
|Subject name||ENGINEERING THERMODYNAMICS|