ME6401 Notes KINEMATICS OF MACHINERY
ME6401 Notes KINEMATICS OF MACHINERY Regulation 2013 Anna University
OBJECTIVES ME6401 Notes:
To understand the basic components and layout of linkages in the assembly of a system /
Understand the principles in analyzing the assembly with respect to the displacement,
velocity, and acceleration at any point in a link of a mechanism.
To understand the motion resulting from a specified set of linkages, design few linkage
mechanisms and cam mechanisms for specified output motions.
Understand the basic concepts of toothed gearing and kinematics of gear trains and the
effects of friction in motion transmission and in machine components.
TEXT BOOKS ME6401 Notes:
1. Uicker, J.J., Pennock G.R and Shigley, J.E., “Theory of Machines and Mechanisms”, 3rd Edition, Oxford University Press, 2009.
2. Rattan, S.S, “Theory of Machines”, 3rd Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2009.
REFERENCES ME6401 Notes:
1. Thomas Bevan, “Theory of Machines”, 3rd Edition, CBS Publishers and Distributors, 2005.
2. Cleghorn. W. L, “Mechanisms of Machines”, Oxford University Press, 2005
3. Robert L. Norton, “Kinematics and Dynamics of Machinery”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2009.
4. Allen S. Hall Jr., “Kinematics and Linkage Design”, Prentice Hall, 1961
5. Ghosh. A and Mallick, A.K., “Theory of Mechanisms and Machines”, Affiliated East-West Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 1988.
6. Rao.J.S. and Dukkipati.R.V. “Mechanisms and Machine Theory”, Wiley-Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, 1992.
7. John Hannah and Stephens R.C., “Mechanics of Machines”, Viva Low-Prices Student Edition, 1999.
8. Ramamurthi. V, “Mechanics of Machines”, Narosa Publishing House, 2002.
9. Khurmi, R.S., ”Theory of Machines”,14th Edition, S Chand Publications, 2005
10. Sadhu Sigh : Theory of Machines, “Kinematics of Machine”, Third Edition, Pearson Education, 2012.
|Subject Name||KINEMATICS OF MACHINERY|
Me6401 important questions click here
For Me6401 question bank click here