MA8391 Notes Probability and Statistics Regulation 2017
MA8391 Notes Probability and Statistics Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Probability and Statistics MA8391 Notes pdf free download.
OUTCOMES: MA8391 Notes Probability and Statistics
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
Understand the fundamental knowledge of the concepts of probability and have knowledge of standard distributions which can describe real life phenomenon. MA8391 Notes
Understand the basic concepts of one and two dimensional random variables and apply in engineering applications.
Apply the concept of testing of hypothesis for small and large samples in real life problems.
Apply the basic concepts of classifications of design of experiments in the field of agriculture and statistical quality control.
Have the notion of sampling distributions and statistical techniques used in engineering and management problems.
TEXT BOOKS: MA8391 Notes Probability and Statistics
1. Johnson, R.A., Miller, I and Freund J., “Miller and Freund‘s Probability and Statistics for Engineers”, Pearson Education, Asia, 8th Edition, 2015.
2. Milton. J. S. and Arnold. J.C., “Introduction to Probability and Statistics”, Tata McGraw Hill, 4th Edition, 2007.
REFERENCES: MA8391 Notes Probability and Statistics
1. Devore. J.L., “Probability and Statistics for Engineering and the Sciences‖, Cengage Learning, New Delhi, 8th Edition, 2014.
2. Papoulis, A. and Unnikrishnapillai, S., “Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Processes”, McGraw Hill Education India, 4th Edition, New Delhi, 2010.
3. Ross, S.M., “Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists”, 3rd Edition, Elsevier, 2004.
4. Spiegel. M.R., Schiller. J. and Srinivasan, R.A., “Schaum‘s Outline of Theory and Problems of Probability and Statistics”, Tata McGraw Hill Edition, 2004. MA8391 Notes Probability and Statistics
5. Walpole. R.E., Myers. R.H., Myers. S.L. and Ye. K., “Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists”, Pearson Education, Asia, 8th Edition, 2007.
|Subject Name||Probability and Statistics|