MA6452 Question Bank Statistics and Numerical Methods
MA6452 Question Bank Statistics and Numerical Methods regulation 2013 Anna University
Sample MA6452 Question Bank
1. A dice is thrown 400 times and a throw of 3 or 4 is observed 150 times. Test the hypothesis that the dice is fair.
2. Theory predicts that the proportion of beans in four groups A, B, C, D should be 9:3:3:1. In an experiment among 1600 beans, the numbers in the four groups were 882, 313, 287 and 118. Does the experiment support the theory?
3. Out of 8000 graduates in a town 800 are females, out of 1600 graduate employees 120 are females. Use to determine if any distinction is made in appointment on the basic of sex. Value of at 5% level for one degree of freedom is 3.84.
4. An automobile company gives you the following information about age groups and the liking for particular model of car which it plans to introduce. On the basic of this data can it be concluded that the model appeal is independent of the age group.
Persons who: Below 20 20 – 39 40 – 59 60 and above
Liked the car: 140 80 40 20
Disliked the car: 60 50 30 80
5. A sample of 900 members has a mean 3.4 cm and standard deviation 2.61 cm. Is the sample from a large population of mean 3.25 cms and standard deviation of 2.61cms? (Test at 5% level of significance. The value of z at 5% level is z1.96).
6. The means of two large samples of 1000 and 2000 members are 67.5 inches and 68.0 inches respectively. Can the samples be regarded as drawn from the same populations of standard deviation 2.5 inch
7. In a random sample of 1000 people from city A, 400 are found to be consumers of wheat. In a sample of 800 from city B, 400 are found to be consumers of wheat. Does this data give a significant difference between the two cities as far as the proportion of
wheat consumers is concerned?
Download MA6452 question bank:
|Subject Name||Statistics and Numerical Methods|
MA6452 notes click here
For MA6452 important questions click here