CE6402 QUESTION BANK STRENGTH OF MATERIALS
CE6402 QUESTION BANK STRENGTH OF MATERIALS REGULATION 2013 ANNA UNIVERSITY
Sample for CE6402 question bank:
1. beam of span 4 m is cantilever and subjected to a concentrated load 10 kN at free end. Find the total strain energy stored. Take the Flexural rigidity is EI.
(AUC Apr/May 2010).
2. Write down Maxwell’s reciprocal theorem. (AUC Apr/May 2010)
3. Write down the expression for strain energy stored in a bar of cross sectional area A and length ‘l’ and subjected to a tensile load ‘W’. (AUC Nov/Dec 2010).
4. State Maxwell’s reciprocal theorem. (AUC Nov/Dec 2010, Apr/May 2011 & 2012).
5. State the principle of virtual work. (AUC Apr/May 2011)
6. State Castigliano’s first theorem. (AUC Nov/Dec 2011)
7. A beam 4m in length is simply supported at the ends and carries a UDL of 6 kN/m length over the entire length. Determine the strain energy stored in the beam. Take E = 200 GN/m2 and I = 1440 cm4.
8. A beam simply supported over a span of 3m carries a UDL of 20 kN/m over the entire span. Taking EI = 2.25 MNm2 and using Castigliano’s theorem, determine the deflection at the centre of the beam.
9. A continuous beam of two equal spans L is uniformly loaded over its entire length. Find the magnitude R of the middle reaction by using Castigliano’s theorem.
10. Determine the buckling load for a column of T section with flange of 100mm width and overall depth 120mm. Both flange and web are of 10mm thick. The strut is 3m long with one end hinged and other end fixed.
11. Determine the buckling load for a column of rectangular section of size 100mm width and overall depth 120mm. The strut is 3m long with one end hinged and other end fixed.
|Subject Name||STRENGTH OF MATERIALS|
For CE6402 Important questions click here
CE6402 Syllabus Click here
For CE6402 Notes click here