CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Question Bank
CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Question Bank Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. CE6306 Question Bank STRENGTH OF MATERIALS free pdf download.
Sample CE6306 STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Question Bank:
PART- A (2 Marks)
1. What is Hooke’s Law?
2. What are the Elastic Constants?
3. Define Poisson’s Ratio.
4. Define: Resilience
5. Define proof resilience
6. Define modulus of resilience.
7. Define principal planes and principal stresses.
8. Define stress and strain.
9. Define Shear stress and Shear strain.
10. Define elastic limit.
11. Define volumetric strain.
12. Define tensile stress and compressive stress.
13.Define young’s Modulus.
14.What is the use of Mohr’s circle?
15.Define thermal stress.
16. Define Bulk modulus.
17. What is modulus of rigidity?
18. Define factor of safety.
19. State the relationship between young’s modulus and modulus of rigidity..
20. What is compound bar?
PART- B (16 Marks)
1. A Mild steel rod of 20 mm diameter and 300 mm long is enclosed centrally inside a hollow copper tube of external diameter 30 mm and internal diameter 25 mm. The ends of the rod and tube are brazed together, and the composite bar is subjected to an axial pull of 40 kN. If E for steel and copper is 200 GN/m2 and 100 GN/m2 respectively, find the stresses developed in the rod and the tube also find the extension of the rod.
2. A cast iron flat 300 mm long and 30 mm (thickness) × 60 mm (width) uniform cross section, is acted upon by the following forces : 30 kN tensile in the direction of the length 360 kN compression in the direction of the width 240 kN tensile in the direction of the thickness. Calculate the direct strain, net strain in each direction and change in volume of the flat. Assume the modulus of elasticity and Poisson’s ratio for cast iron as 140 kN/mm2 and 0.25
3. A bar of 30 mm diameter is subjected to a pull of 60 kN. The measured extension on gauge length of 200 mm is 0.09 mm and the change in diameter is 0.0039 mm. calculate the Poisson’s ratio and the values of the three moduli.
|Subject Name||STRENGTH OF MATERIALS|
CE6306 Question Bank Click Here to download