PR8251 Syllabus PRODUCTION PROCESSES Regulation 2017 Anna University
PR8251 Syllabus OBJECTIVES:
- To impart the knowledge about the various production technology available
- For expose the student on the principle and applications of the processes
- To make a decision on a relevant technology based on the merits and demerits.
PR8251 Syllabus UNIT I CASTING PROCESSES
Principles of metal casting: Pattern materials, types and allowance; Study of moulding, sand moulding, tools, moulding materials, description and operation of cupola: special casting processes.
e.g. die-casting, permanent mould casting, centrifugal casting, investment casting.
PR8251 Syllabus UNIT II SMITHY AND FORGING
Basic operation – upsetting- flattening- drawing- swaging: tools and appliances-drop forging-press forging.Bench Work and Fitting-Fitting, sawing, chipping, thread cutting (die), tapping; Study of hand tools, Marking and marking tools.
PR8251 Syllabus UNIT III METAL JOINING
Welding principles, classification of welding techniques; Oxyacetylene Gas welding, welding, metal arc, Carbon arc, submerged arc and atomic hydrogen welding, Electric resistance welding – composition, properties and function; Electrodes, Types of joints and edge preparation, Brazing and soldering.
PR8251 Syllabus UNIT IV SHEET METAL WORK
Common processes, tools and equipments; metals used for sheets, standard specification for sheets, spinning, bending, embossing and coining.
PR8251 Syllabus UNIT V UNCONVENTIONAL MACHINING PROCESSES
Need for unconventional – Construction, working principle merits, demerits and applications only for AJM, USM, ECM, EDM, EBM, LBM and IBM.
TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
PR8251 Syllabus OUTCOMES:
Has enough knowledge on the various process available to make a part.
Confident to select the best process to based on cost of time and quantities.
Can try the processes to use new materials by combining.
PR8251 Syllabus TEXT BOOK
1. Kalpakjian S. and SCHMID S., “Manufacturing Engineering and Technology”, Prentice Hall of India”, 5th Edition (2009) , ISBN : 0131489658.
2. Sharma P.C., “A Text book of production Technology: manufacturing processes” S.Chand & Company Limited, 7th Edition (2007).
PR8251 Syllabi REFERENCES
1. Hajra Chowdary, Elements of Manufacturing Technology Vol 1 and vol 2.
2. Jain R.K., “Engineering Metrology”, Khanna Publishers, 19th Edition, 2005.
3. Smid P., “CNC Programming Hand book”, Industrial Press Inc., 2007 Third Edition.
|Subject Name||Production Processes|
|Download PR8251 Syllabus||Click Here|
Search In for BT8261 Syllabus:
Download BT8261 Syllabus Production Processes For free.
Anna University Regulation 2017 Production Processes Syllabus download pdf free.
Semester 2 Anna University Regulation 2017 Syllabus.
Syllabus for sem 2 Anna University Regulation 2017.