Padeepz E-Learning Materials GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming
Padeepz E-Learning Materials GE8151 Problem Solving and Python Programming we have provided the sample materials in this page. If you like the sample and want to buy the full subject the procedure is also provided in this page.
ALGORITHM DEVELOPMENT PROCESS:
Algorithm is plan for solving problem. There are many ways to write algorithms
some are very informal, some are quite formal, and mathematical in nature, some are
in quite graphical. The form is not particularly important as long it provides the good
way to describe and check the logic plan.
The algorithm development process consists of major steps.
Step 1: Obtain a description of the problem
Step 2: Analyse the problem
Step 3: Develop high level Algorithm
Step 4: Redefine the algorithm by adding more details.
Step 5: Review the algorithm.
OBTAIN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM:
The problem should be explained, so that it’s easy for the developer to find the solution for the problem. The problem description suffers from one or more types.
* The description relies on unstated assumptions
* The description is unambigious
* The description is incomplete
* The description has internal contradictions.
ANALYSE THE PROBLEM:
* The purpose of this step is to determine both starting and ending points for solving the problem. When determining the starting point, start with the following Questions.
* What data are available?
* Where is the data?
* What formula are related to the problem?
* What rules are needed for the data?
* What relationships are exists among the data values?
* When determining the ending point, the characteristics of a solution is described.
* What new fact will arrive?
* What items will change?
* What things will no longer exists?
DEVELOP A HIGH LEVEL ALGORITHM:
An algorithm is plan for solving the problem. It’s usually better to start with high level algorithm that includes the major part of the solution, but sometimes more details can be added later.
An example is given to demonstrate high level algorithm.
Problem Statement: I Need to make a tea.
Analysis: I don’t have Milk.
High level algorithm:
* Go to stores that sells milk.
* Purchase milk and come home
* Prepare tea.
Though this algorithm seems to be satisfactory, it lacks many details.
* Which store I need to visit?
* Which Milk product I need to buy?
* How I goes to the stores: Walk, drive, ride my two wheeler, take the bus.
REDEFINE THE ALGORITHM BY ADDING MORE DETAIL:
A high level algorithm shows the major steps that need to be followed to
solve a problem. Our goals is to develop algorithms that leads to the computer
In simple examples moving from high level to detailed algorithm is done
in a single step but this is not always reasonable. For larger, more complex
problems, it is common to go through several times. Each time, more details
are added to the previous algorithm. This technique of gradually working
from high level languages to a detailed algorithm is often called as step wise
REVIEW THE ALGORITHM:
The final step is to review the algorithm. Check the algorithm step by
step to determine whether it will solve the original problem or not.
* Does the algorithm solve a very specific problem or does it solve more
* if it solves a very specific problem, should it be generalized.