ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes
ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Engineering Metallurgy Notes ME8491 pdf free download.
OBJECTIVE: ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes
To impart knowledge on the structure, properties, treatment, testing and applications of metals and non-metallic materials so as to identify and select suitable materials for various engineering applications.
OUTCOMES ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes
Upon the completion of this course the students will be able to
CO1 – Explain alloys and phase diagram, Iron-Iron carbon diagram and steel classification.
CO2 – Explain isothermal transformation, continuous cooling diagrams and different heat treatment processes.
CO3 – Clarify the effect of alloying elements on ferrous and non-ferrous metals
CO4 – Summarize the properties and applications of non metallic materials.
CO5 – Explain the testing of mechanical properties.
TEXT BOOKS: ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes
1. Avner, S.H., “Introduction to Physical Metallurgy”, McGraw Hill Book Company,1997.
2. Williams D Callister, “Material Science and Engineering” Wiley India Pvt Ltd, Revised Indian Edition 2014
REFERENCES: ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes
1. Kenneth G.Budinski and Michael K. Budinski, “Engineering Materials”, Prentice Hall of India Private Limited, 2010.
2. Raghavan.V, “Materials Science and Engineering”, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 2015.
3. U.C.Jindal : Material Science and Metallurgy, “Engineering Materials and Metallurgy”, First Edition, Dorling Kindersley, 2012
4. Upadhyay. G.S. and Anish Upadhyay, “Materials Science and Engineering”, Viva Books Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2006.
|Subject name||Engineering Metallurgy|
ME8491 Engineering Metallurgy Notes Click Here To Download