ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions CE6301
ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions CE6301 REGULATION 2013 Anna University free download. CE6301 Important questions pdf free download.
Sample ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions:
Unit I ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions
1. Describe the various types of weathering of rocks.
2. Describe in brief the geological work of sea with a note on the coastal protection
3. Describe the various personal land forms produced by rivers and comment on their engineering significance
4. Give brief account of 1. The importance of geology in civil engineering 2. The material structure and constitution
of the earth (ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions)
5. Give a detailed account on types of aquifers, factors, formation and occurrence of groundwater
Unit II ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions
1. Elaborate on the various physical properties which are helpful is the identification of minerals
2. Write short notes on 1. Millers medical 2. Micas 3. Coal deposits 4. Oil fields of India
3. Write the physical properties of Hornblende, Garnet, Biotite mica and Augite. Discuss its role in rock strength analysis
4. Illustrate the physical properties and classification of feldspar group of minerals.
5. Give the physical properties which helps to identify in the field for the following minerals. (a) Augit (b) Calsite (c) Hornblende (d) Biotite
Unit III ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions
1. What are the rocks used as building materials? Give account properties of rocks as building materials
2. Describe the distinguishing features of Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic rocks based on various criteria
3. Give the mode of occurance, mineral composition, engineering properties and uses of following rocks. (a) Granite
(b) Sandstone (c) Slate (d) Limestone
4. Write about the minerlogical composotion, structure and texture, engineering properties and uses of dolerite basalt, sandstone and limestone
5. What are sedimentary rocks explain the properties of any four sedimentary rocks (ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions)
6. Describe the engineering properties of rocks give the engineering properties of important igneous and metamorphic rocks
Unit IV ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions
1. Explain the use of seismic methods in civil engineering investigation
2. Explain in detail the electrical resistivity method of sub surface irrigation for civil engineering investigations
3. What are folds explain the types of folds with diagrams and their bearing on the engineering constructions
4. Define the term folding in rocks and explain the engineering significance of folds.
5. List out the different types of joint found in common rock. Explain hte joints in sedimentary rocks (ENGINEERING GEOLOGY Important questions)
6. Explain how canals are classified. Discuss the varius measurs needed to imprve the canal irrigation system.
|Subject Name||ENGINEERING GEOLOGY|
CE6301 Important questions Click here to Download