EC8251 Syllabus CIRCUIT ANALYSIS Regulation 2017 Anna University
EC8251 Syllabus OBJECTIVES:
- To introduce the basic concepts of DC and AC circuits behavior
- To study the transient and steady state response of the circuits subjected to step and sinusoidal excitations.
- For introduce different methods of circuit analysis using Network theorems, duality and topology.
EC8251 Syllabus UNIT I BASIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS AND NETWORK TOPOLOGY
Ohm’s Law – Kirchhoff’s laws – Mesh current and node voltage method of analysis for D.C and A.C. circuits – Network terminology – Graph of a network – Incidence and reduced incidence matrices – Trees –Cutsets – Fundamental cutsets – Cutset matrix – Tie sets – Link currents and Tie set schedules -Twig voltages and Cutset schedules, Duality and dual networks.
EC8251 Syllabus UNIT II NETWORK THEOREMS FOR DC AND AC CIRCUITS
Network theorems -Superposition theorem, Thevenin’s theorem, Norton’s theorem, Reciprocity theorem, Millman’s theorem, and Maximum power transfer theorem ,application of Network theorems- Network reduction: voltage and current division, source transformation – star delta conversion.
EC8251 Syllabus UNIT III RESONANCE AND COUPLED CIRCUITS
Resonance – Series resonance – Parallel resonance – Variation of impedance with frequency -Variation in current through and voltage across L and C with frequency – Bandwidth – Q factor -Selectivity. Self inductance – Mutual inductance – Dot rule – Coefficient of coupling – Analysis of multiwinding coupled circuits – Series, Parallel connection of coupled inductors – Single tuned and double tuned coupled circuits.
EC8251 Syllabus UNITIV TRANSIENT ANALYSIS
Natural response-Forced response – Transient response of RC, RL and RLC circuits to excitation by Step Signal, Impulse Signal and exponential sources – Complete response of RC, RL and RLC Circuits to sinusoidal excitation.
EC8251 Syllabus UNIT V TWO PORT NETWORKS
Two port networks, Z parameters, Y parameters, Transmission (ABCD) parameters, Hybrid(H) Parameters, Interconnection of two port networks, Symmetrical properties of T and π networks.
TOTAL : 60 PERIODS
EC8251 Syllabus OUTCOMES:
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop the capacity to analyze electrical circuits, apply the circuit theorems in real time
- Design and understand and evaluate the AC and DC circuits.
EC8251 Syllabus TEXT BOOKS:
1. William H. Hayt, Jr. Jack E. Kemmerly and Steven M. Durbin, ―Engineering Circuit Analysis‖ , McGraw Hill Science Engineering, Eighth Edition, 11th Reprint 2016.
2. Joseph Edminister and Mahmood Nahvi, ―Electric Circuits‖, Schaum’s Outline Series, Tata McGraw Hill Publishing Company, New Delhi, Fifth Edition Reprint 2016.
EC8251 Syllabus REFERENCES:
1. Charles K. Alexander, Mathew N.O. Sadiku, ―Fundamentals of Electric Circuits‖, Fifth Edition, McGraw Hill, 9th Reprint 2015.
2. A.Bruce Carlson, ―Cicuits: Engineering Concepts and Analysis of Linear Electric Circuits‖, Cengage Learning, India Edition 2nd Indian Reprint 2009.
3. Allan H.Robbins, Wilhelm C.Miller, ―Circuit Analysis Theory and Practice‖, Cengage Learning, Fifth Edition, 1st Indian Reprint 2013.
|Subject Name||CIRCUIT ANALYSIS|
EC8251 Syllabus click here to download
For EC8251 Notes click here
EC8251 important questions click here
Search In for EC8251 Syllabus:
Download EC8251 Syllabus CIRCUIT ANALYSIS For free.
Anna University Regulation 2017 CIRCUIT ANALYSIS Syllabus download pdf free.
Semester 2 Anna University Regulation 2017 Syllabus.
Syllabus for sem 2 Anna University Regulation 2017.