CS8491 Notes Computer Architecture
CS8491 Notes Computer Architecture Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Computer Architecture Notes CS8491 pdf free download.
OBJECTIVES: CS8491 Notes Computer Architecture
• To learn the basic structure and operations of a computer.
• To learn the arithmetic and logic unit and implementation of fixed-point and floating point arithmetic unit.
• To learn the basics of pipelined execution.
• To understand parallelism and multi-core processors.
• To understand the memory hierarchies, cache memories and virtual memories.
• To learn the different ways of communication with I/O devices.
OUTCOMES: CS8491 Notes Computer Architecture
On Completion of the course, the students should be able to:
Understand the basics structure of computers, operations and instructions.
Design arithmetic and logic unit.
Understand pipelined execution and design control unit.
Understand parallel processing architectures.
Understand the various memory systems and I/O communication.
TEXT BOOKS: CS8491 Notes Computer Architecture
1. David A. Patterson and John L. Hennessy, Computer Organization and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface, Fifth Edition, Morgan Kaufmann / Elsevier, 2014.
2. Carl Hamacher, Zvonko Vranesic, Safwat Zaky and Naraig Manjikian, Computer Organization and Embedded Systems, Sixth Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2012.
REFERENCES: CS8491 Notes Computer Architecture
1. William Stallings, Computer Organization and Architecture – Designing for Performance, Eighth Edition, Pearson Education, 2010.
John P. Hayes, Computer Architecture and Organization, Third Edition, Tata McGraw Hill, 2012.
John L. Hennessey and David A. Patterson, Computer Architecture – A Quantitative Approach‖, Morgan Kaufmann / Elsevier Publishers, Fifth Edition, 2012.
|Subject name||Computer Architecture|