CS6401 Question Bank Operating Systems
CS6401 Question Bank Operating Systems Regulation 2013 Anna University free download. Operating Systems Question Bank pdf free download.
Sample CS6401 Question Bank
1. Define system process
2. What is an interrupt?
3. What is a system call?
4. What is an interrupt vector?
5. Define bootstrap program
6. Define operating system
7. What is a resource allocator?
8. What is Moore’s law?
9. What is kernel?
10. Draw the storage device hierarchy
11. What is fault tolerant?
12. Define job pool
13. what are the types of operation in operating system ?
14. What is a privileged instruction?
15. What is a trap?
16. What is bitmap?
17. What is real time operating system?
18. What is boot disk?
19. Draw the system structure for unix
20. What is the layered approach in OS?
16 MARK QUESTIONS:
1. Explain in detail the modern computer system
2. Explain the abstract view of the components of a computer system
3. Explain Von Neumann architecture
4. Explain multiprocessor system
5. Explain operating system structure in detail
6. Explain computing environments
7. Explain open source operating system
8. Explain in detail the operating system services
9. Explain in detail operating system structure
10. Write about OS generation
11. Explain in detail Contiguous Memory Allocation.
12. Explain in detail about segmentation.
13. Explain in detail about paging.
14. Explain in detail about segmentation with paging.
15. Describe the following allocation algorithms:
a. First fit
b. Best fit
c. Worst fit
16. Given memory partitions of 100 KB, 500 KB, 200 KB, 300 KB, and 600 KB( in order), how would each off the first‐fit, best‐fit, and worst‐fit algorithms place processes of 212 KB, 417 KB, 112 KB, and 426 KB (in order) ? Which algorithm makes the most efficient use of memory?
|Subject Name||Operating Systems|
CS6401 Notes click here
Operating Systems Important questions click here