CE8391 Notes Construction Materials
CE8391 Notes Construction Materials Regulation 2017 Anna University free download. Construction Materials Notes CE8391 pdf free download.
OBJECTIVE: CE8391 Notes Construction Materials
To introduce students to various materials commonly used in civil engineering construction and their properties.
OUTCOMES: CE8391 Notes Construction Materials
On completion of this course the students will be able to
Compare the properties of most common and advanced building materials.
understand the typical and potential applications of lime, cement and aggregates
know the production of concrete and also the method of placing and making of concrete elements.
understand the applications of timbers and other materials
Understand the importance of modern material for construction.
TEXT BOOKS: CE8391 Notes Construction Materials
1. Varghese.P.C, “Building Materials”, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2015.
2. Rajput. R.K., “Engineering Materials”, S. Chand and Company Ltd., 2008.
3. Gambhir.M.L., “Concrete Technology”, 3rd Edition, Tata McGraw Hill Education, 2004
4. Duggal.S.K., “Building Materials”, 4th Edition, New Age International, 2008.
REFERENCES: CE8391 Notes Construction Materials
1. Jagadish.K.S, “Alternative Building Materials Technology”, New Age International, 2007.
2. Gambhir. M.L., & Neha Jamwal., “Building Materials, products, properties and systems”, Tata McGraw Hill Educations Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2012.
3. IS456 – 2000: Indian Standard specification for plain and reinforced concrete, 2011.
4. IS4926 – 2003: Indian Standard specification for ready–mixed concrete, 2012.
5. IS383 – 1970: Indian Standard specification for coarse and fine aggregate from natural Sources for concrete, 2011.
6. IS1542-1992: Indian standard specification for sand for plaster, 2009.
7. IS 10262-2009: Indian Standard Concrete Mix Proportioning –Guidelines, 2009.
|Subject name||Construction Materials|